We are Woodcutters

Thursday, February 18, 2010

When it SNOWs............


One snowy wintry day...........last week, God blessed us with snow.  Fact is, it was said that every state (49) had snow last week.   Records were set everywhere, across the nation with snowfall.  How's that for global warming??


So, once we got over the incredible sight of WHITE when we woke up that morning, what did we do????  I ran out with the camera and took pictures of course.............
This is a group of trees in our back yard.


Reagan armored herself with some weapons........


Joel looked innocent, a perfect target............


And Marigrace fed her chickens, oblivious to the evil schemes of her siblings.......

Then we made snow cream.  Yep, a lotta snow, a little brown sugar and cream.  Oh, this was not a dream, but real life living on a cold, snowy day.

YUMMMMM!!!
Later, Reagan and I cooked.  She made doughnuts from Pioneer Woman's website.  There's a few things we might change next time, but they turned out famously.
The holes were a little big, but the taste was even bigger.  Yum yum!!
I made Challah.............my favorite bread to make.

The woodcutters enjoyed some time off...............drank cocoa and watched "I love Lucy" and the "Andy Griffith Show"...........with a lovely fire of Texas Live Oak burning in our great fireplace.
Great day!!! 

2 comments:

Prairie Kerri said...

Oh, Mrs. Dyer, please please pretty please share your Challah recipe. It looks divine!

Miller Family said...

wow the bread looks fantastic! so wish i was there enjoying this with you all!